Ways to Work
THIS PROGRAM IS CURRENTLY NOT ACCEPTING ANY NEW APPLICANTS.
Through the Ways to Work program, low-income Baltimore families obtain affordable transportation necessary to stay employed, go to school, take children to day care and shop.
The Ways to Work program accepts applicants who are ineligible for loans through banks and other mainstream financial institutions, and gives them low-interest loans up to $6,000 to purchase a used car. Clients are required to take a financial education course as part of the loan process.
Ways to Work is a national program affiliated with the Alliance for Children and Families. As a member of the Alliance, the Board of Child Care operates the Ways to Work’s Baltimore office.
- Baltimore City residents
- Parental responsibilities
- At least 20 years old
- Employed 20 hours a week and for at least six months OR pursuing post-high school education
- Exhausted other loan sources
- Monthly disposable income of at least $80
- All bankruptcies discharged by the court
- Household income not exceeding 80% of the area’s median income
CAR LOAN TERMS
- Loan limit is $6,000
- Interest rates do not exceed 8%
- Loan repayment terms do not exceed 30 months
Read success stories about our loan recipients.
CONTACT THE BALTIMORE WAYS TO WORK PROGRAM
1212 N. Wolfe Street
Baltimore, MD 21213
Visit the national Ways to Work website.
The Walmart Foundation is a supporter of BCC's Ways to Work program.