The Board of Child Care is looking for teacher\’s aids. This position corresponds with the length of a school year (approximately 10 months).
POSITION RESPONSIBLE TO: Principal / Vice President of Education
CATEGORY OF EMPLOYMENT: Hourly / Non-exempt
- Help student with organizational skills.
- Help to support instructional program, field trips, and student activities.
- Maintain student under direct supervision throughout the school day.
- Responsible for documenting behavior of assigned student throughout the day.
- Assist student in maximizing participation in school activities.
- Establish appropriate relationship with assigned student.
- Assist in implementing plan, and alternative strategies.
- Provide crisis intervention.
- Remove student from classroom if necessary.
- Provide physical restraint, if necessary.
- Demonstrate knowledge about special needs students and legal constraints.
- Implement appropriate management techniques.
- Work effectively as a team member.
- Physically intervene and restrain student, as necessary.
- A.A. Degree from an Accredited College or University in Education or a related field
- Successful related experience and at least 30 credits toward and A.A. Degree
To apply, Please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org