The Board of Child Care (BCC) strives to provide the youth in our care with enriching experiences throughout the year, but this becomes especially important during the holiday season. Only through the generosity of our supporters are we able to provide BCC youth and families with meaningful experiences and memories to last a lifetime!
Support BCC Youth & Families
There are many ways to support BCC youth and families this holiday season. From retail gift cards to gift sponsorship, monetary contributions to gifts-in-kind, we can’t do this without YOU!
Christmas Gift Sponsorship
We work with our kids to thoughtfully craft their wish lists, which total approximately $100 per child. If your family, church congregation, or community group would like to support our youth through a monetary donation, we will use these funds to buy the specific items requested by a child. Gift sponsorship is most helpful in that it gives us flexibility to purchase items and put your generosity to good use immediately!
- All monetary gifts are needed by Friday, December 1st, 2023. This gives our team plenty of time to order wish list items prior to our kids leaving for home visits later in the month.
- Click here to contribute online now! Otherwise, please mail checks to Board of Child Care, Attention: Development Office, 3300 Gaither Road, Baltimore, MD 21244 and denote “Christmas Drive” on the memo line so that your gift is appropriately credited.
Christmas Gift Shopping
We know there are donors who treasure personally buying gifts for children. BCC can provide donors with a child or living unit’s specific wish list. Please note that this is a very popular volunteer and donor program and we do historically run out of wish lists each year. Requests are filled on a first come, first served basis.
- To obtain a wish list, e-mail Phillip Foster, Volunteer Engagement Manager, at email@example.com no later than Wednesday, November 15, 2023.
- Each child’s wish list will total approximately $100.
- All gifts are needed in-hand at BCC by Monday, December 4, 2023.
- You will be given full instructions for shopping and drop-off when you are provided with your list.
The BCC Christmas Store
The BCC Christmas Store stocks new merchandise for our youth to shop for loved one’s and family members. Even though kids in our care may not live with their parents and siblings, giving Christmas gifts is very important to them. This annual event is very popular with the youth as they can shop for holiday gifts for the most important people in their life, whether family members, friends or loved ones, plus families are able to shop for gifts that they might otherwise not be able to afford. We accept donations toward our Christmas Store year-round. Gifts purchased from our BCC Christmas Store Amazon Wish List are shipped directly to our team for distribution.
Other Ways to Help
Not sure which option is the best fit for you? There are still plenty of ways to help meet the needs of our youth and families this holiday season.
- Shop our Amazon Christmas Wish List. Gifts purchased from this list will be used to supplement both our youth wish lists and the BCC Christmas Store.
- Are you a church or community group looking to designate a mission for the holidays? Request a guest speaker from Board of Child Care! We can provide a volunteer or member of our staff to come speak at your next community event, church service, or business meeting. Speakers share an overview of our mission and program offerings, as well as specific stories about lives that have been changed through our work. Our speakers can tailor their message to the needs and interests of your audience and time allotted.
- Complete the Volunteer Interest Form and join as a member of the BCC Volunteer Corps. You’ll receive notifications about opportunities to get involved – including our preparations for the holiday season!
From the Bottom of Our Hearts—THANK YOU!
Thank you for taking time to consider supporting our youth this holiday season and making hearts and homes a little fuller. All donations to BCC are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. Donations BCC received above and beyond what is needed to fulfill each child’s wish list will be used where most needed.
If you have any questions or would like to become a sponsoring partner, please contact Phillip Foster, Volunteer Engagement Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (410) 922-2100 x5119.