Board of Child Care Faith-based Outreach during COVID-19 Crisis
The Board of Child Care (BCC) serves some of the most vulnerable populations throughout the MidAtlantic. BCC provides behavioral health services to children, youth, and families across a continuum of care, including residential, education, and treatment foster care. As an essential health care service provider, our staff are working around the clock!
We are grateful for our intimate connection with faith-based communities (especially the United Methodist Church), who continues to provide extraordinary support to our youth and their families. While staff attend to the needs of our youth, we are concerned about their well-being as they offer compassionate, trauma-informed care to our kids during this time of crisis. Most importantly, we need your prayers. In keeping with our tradition, we are reaching out to faith-based communities to assist us with the following items and emotional support as we care for one another at BCC.
How You Can Help:
- Dedicated prayer times specifically for BCC youth and staff
- N95 masks
- Surgical masks
- Monetary donations to purchase Gift Cards for food (to provide meals for caregivers and families who are low-incomed)
- Monetary donations to provide bus passes, a taxi-cab or other transportation
- Monetary donations to provide disinfectant and hand sanitizer
- Hospital gowns and other personal protective equipment (PPE)
All in-kind donations to support staff necessities must be in original packaging. Monetary gifts can be made by visiting our website at www.boardofchildcare.org and clicking on the donate button. Please use the comment section of the donate form to designate donation to a local BCC program or campus. In our efforts to respond to emergency needs, BCC reserves the right to re-designate your monetary gift to where it is needed the most.
Due to CDC social distancing guidelines, online gifts are highly encouraged. Other items can be donated via the Amazon Wish List web site by clicking HERE
- Arts and crafts supplies
- Board games
- Card games
- Monetary donations for games and craft supplies
- Monetary contributions for basic family necessities (many of our youth come from low-income families).
Please call Aaron Andrews 434-213-5891, or Joshua Figueroa 609-7720541 to arrange for an in-kind donation. You may contact them by email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you in advance for your help!