We are searching for candidates to be part of our collaborative continuum of care team who are transforming youth residential behavioral health services. Our goal is to be a leader in providing high-quality, integrated care grounded in evidence-based practices that support the healing of trauma to help complex youth and their families achieve lasting success in their communities. With the Board of Child Care’s rich history beneath your feet and discovery in the air, there is no better place to learn and build your career. If you are curious, flexible and determined to make an impact on the lives of children, their families, and communities, we want to hear from you. True, yogurt is good for you, but we have a more diverse culture.
We are a culturally diverse dedicated professional staff providing multi-cultural youth with a continuum of care enriched with therapists, case managers, child care workers, special education teachers, mental health providers, medical staff, and office professionals. Each member of our team, either directly or indirectly, works to ensure children and families served by BCC meet their fullest potential emotionally, socially, spiritually and academically.
You’ve committed to our family. In return, we want to support yours.
Paid Time Off
- All full-time employees accrue vacation time at a rate of at least three weeks off per year.
- Teachers and select staff categories have vacation time that aligns with the school academic year.
- Accrue vacation time more quickly after certain work anniversaries (up to six weeks a year).
- Employees receive two floating holidays to use as they wish.
- Paid time off is provided for sick and funeral leave.
- BONUS, we also provide dedicated lactation rooms (certain campuses) for new mothers returning to work.
Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- All full-time employees have two medical plans to choose from.
- Option to add dental and vision coverage, and to take advantage of our two flexible spending account programs (e.g. using pre-tax dollars for qualifying expenses).
- Sometimes it’s the little things.
Almost all BCC program locations have free parking for its employees either on the property or free street parking nearby. The only exception currently is the DC Early Learning Program.
- DC employees are encouraged to use public transit as DC street parking is often challenging.
- Life happens. Our benefits package is here to support you when you need it.
BCC has implemented several employee benefits specifically to support them and their families in times of need. Employees are all given long-term disability coverage at no cost to them and can elect to purchase short-term disability coverage if they wish. There is also a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program (EAP) that helps our staff deal with personal problems that might adversely impact their job performance, health, and well-being. We also provide complimentary life insurance coverage for your family (up to one year’s salary), with the option to increase that coverage at an additional rate if you wish. Annual Reviews
- Performance at work is a continuing conversation, not something that happens once a year.
We do use an annual review process at BCC, but also incorporate weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly (depending on your role) check-ins with your supervisor. All new hires complete a career development plan to help guide their professional growth objectives while at BCC. Continuing Education
- Having a workforce that seeks ways to grow and learn professionally is important to our organizational culture.
Every employee, no matter if they are full or part-time, are welcome to attend our wide variety of in-house training sessions. Additionally, each full-time employee receives up to $5,000 a year for tuition reimbursement. Certain employee categories are also eligible to be reimbursed for continuing education credits, attending conferences, or going to networking events. Planning for your Future
- All employees are eligible to participate in our tax-deferred annuity plan (e.g. 403b retirement plan).
We all want to retire someday, and BCC believes in supporting its employees to attain that goal. Our Board of Directors approves any matching funds available at the beginning of each fiscal year for that upcoming year. Employee Appreciation Events
- We do like to have fun at work, and hope you do as well!
- Click here to see some pictures of our staff appreciation events!
Employee wellness is important to us. Working here you’ll see invitations to Halloween parties, Thanksgiving celebrations, our annual “festive holiday sweater contest,” and campus high school graduations, just to name a few. We also hold an annual all staff picnic day each spring.
Adventure Awaits.. what should I know before applying?
Before beginning work all employees must pass state, federal and child protective services background checks; a physical, including a TB test; and drug screening. Don’t worry – we’ll go over all the paperwork you need and help make sure everything gets filed/completed before your first day. BCC is a drug, tobacco and alcohol-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer. View All Jobs Board of Child Care is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, national origin, genetic information, pregnancy, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, marital or veterans status. Board of Child Care is an equal opportunity employer by choice.