Other Ways to Give
There are many ways to support our special work.
Amazon Wish Lists
Shop our Amazon Wish List for the most up-to-date needs of the youth in our programs. You can purchase items for Welcome Bags, PBIS Incentive Stores, birthdays, holidays and celebrations, and so much more! Items purchased from our Wish List can be sent directly to Board of Child Care.Amazon Wish List
Box Tops for Education
The BoxTops4Education program has made some changes to the way the box tops coupons are processed. This change will affect everyone who collects box tops.
The new Box Tops program is entirely digital. Participating brands are starting to change their packaging from a traditional Box Tops clip to the new Box Tops label. If you see this label, use the new Box Tops app to scan your receipt. Do not clip and mail the new coupons. Box Tops are still worth 10¢ for BCC. The app will find participating products purchased at any store and instantly add cash to your school’s earnings online.
You will need to scan your grocery or other store receipts within 14 days of the purchase, following the steps outlined below:
- On your smartphone, download the BoxTops4Education app (using App Store for iPhones or Google Play for Android phones).
- Open the app and follow the instructions provided. When asked for the name of the school, please use this ID number: 310942 (this is the ID number for Strawbridge School).
- The app will identify those products eligible for bonus coupons so you can be on the lookout for them when you shop. Check your app regularly because the list of eligible products changes.
- After shopping, use your app to scan your receipts. The app will automatically record any box tops and credit them to Strawbridge. Scanning may take a little practice, but it does work!
PBIS Incentive Stores
BCC uses Positive Behavior Intervention Supports (PBIS) in its Strawbridge School and across its residential locations. Here are some items commonly needed at all BCC locations where this store operates.
These are some of the many items we need to stock the Incentive Stores for our youth. Items must be new and in original packaging. If you would like to consult a member of our Development Team for your group or organization, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 410-922-2100.
- Bath & Body Items
- Cosmetics (e.g., nail polish, make-up, etc.)
- Hair Care Products
- MP3 Players
- Bluetooth Speakers
- DVD Movies (PG-13 and below)
- Remote Controlled Toys
- Video Games
- XboX 360
- Socks (males and females)
- Hoodies (youth and adult sizes)
- Tennis Shoes
- Snapback Hats
- Sports Team apparel
- Fishing Poles & Tackle Boxes
- Soccer Balls, Footballs, Basketballs, etc.
- Yu-Gi-Oh Cards
- Magic: The Gathering Cards
- Board Games
- Fidget Spinners
- Model Cars
- Colored Pencils
- Paper & Drawing Pads
- Gel Pens
- Paints & Brushes
Constructing a prayer blanket is easy, inexpensive and requires no sewing! Best of all, it gives a young person in need a smile and keeps them warm, night after night. Click here to download a printer-friendly PDF with instructions.
We especially need blankets for teenage males. The best prints are sports-related themes (footballs, soccer balls, baseballs, and basketballs), superheroes, animals, or other designs.
Please remember to be in prayer for the youth who will receive the blanket you are making. A sample of prayers:
This blanket was handmade by (your name). As it was created, I prayed for you. I ask God to give you blessings of courage, strength, healing, peace, comfort, joy, and hope. As you wrap this blanket around you, may you feel God’s arms embracing you. May this blanket always be a reminder of how much you are loved.
From (Name of group): We, the members of (your group), pray that this blanket provides you warmth and a reminder that God also wraps you in His love. We pray that God will bless you and keep you safe. We pray that God will fill you with peace and hope. Amen.
When youth first arrive at the Board of Child Care, it can be an emotionally scary event in their life. To ease their transition to our group living settings, a welcome bag is provided for each youth in our residential programs.
The bags serve as a first impression of welcoming and warmth to our community. We hope they are also a reminder that they are now surrounded by those who care about them.
There is a need for the following Welcome Bag items:
- Bars of soap (full-size preferred)
- Shampoo (full-size preferred; 12 – 15 ounces)
- Washcloths (various colors)
- Hand Lotion (small size; about 2 ounces)
- Toothbrushes (must be individually packaged)
- Toothpaste (full-size preferred; 5-6 ounces)
- Deodorant (stick style)
- Chapstick/Lip Balm
- Tissue Packets
- Small Journals or Notebooks