Are you currently caring for a child or youth in your home who struggles with a mental health diagnosis?
Do you know someone who is?
Board of Child Care’s Wraparound Program is a comprehensive, holistic, youth and family-driven way of responding when children or youth experience serious mental health or behavioral challenges.
Wraparound puts the child or youth and family at the center of a team of professionals and natural supports. The family’s ideas and perspectives about what they need and what will be helpful drive all the work.
What Does The Wraparound Program Do?
- Increases families’ confidence and resiliency by identifying and enhancing the capabilities, knowledge, skills, and assets already present.
- Builds a team of professionals and natural supports to assist parents and caregivers according to a collaborative plan that heeds the family’s voice and choice.
- Empowers families to make positive changes in a process that demonstrates respect for the values, preferences, beliefs, and culture of the child/ youth, and their family.
Who is Eligible for Wraparound Services?
Children and youths aged 0 – 21 years who live in West Virginia and meet the following criteria:
- Are residents of the state of West Virginia (the only state BCC is currently offering this program in)
- Have mental health or co-occurring diagnoses that substantially interfere with or limit their functioning in family, school, or community activities;
- Are at risk of placement, or are currently placed in a psychiatric treatment facility or acute care psychiatric hospital, and cannot return home without extra support, linkage, and services provided by Wraparound; and
- Are emancipated or in the legal custody of their parent or caregiver.
- Click here to download the application (PDF file format). To save to your computer, right click (windows) or control click (mac) and select “save as”.
- Application should be filled out with as much information as possible and they must include the signed consent and release sheet on page 2. If the application isn’t filled out or the consent and release sheet is not completed, the application will be considered incomplete and will be returned to you for completion.
- Contact information should be up to date and accurate including all contact phone numbers and emails.
- Submit Application to DHHRBBHWraparoundReferrals@wv.gov