When in need of specialized support, we are here.
Our Baltimore and Denton residential group homes take a relationship-based approach in support of youth who present with Emotional, Cognitive and Developmental Disabilities (ECDD).
This range of needs might include:
- Acute Medical Issues
- Emotional and Developmental Delays
- Lower Cognitive Function
- Self-Injurious Behaviors
- Assistance with Daily Living Skills
- Increased Emotional Support
- Poor Peer and Social Interactions
- Requires Nontraditional or Private Education
- Speech and Language Delays
Recovery from trauma can be complicated and varied from person to person. We utilize a relationship-based approach to treatment, incorporating clinical interventions such as:
- Trauma narration
- Group treatment
- Cognitive restructuring
- Development of coping and stress tolerance skills
- Post-treatment planning
New Skill Development
We utilize Positive Behavior Intervention Supports (PBIS) throughout our high-intensity rehabilitation services. PBIS builds life skills and personal development skills that individuals carry with them beyond the treatment setting.
ECDD Program Goals
- Assist youth with gaining independence in Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)
- Support youth in developing emotional regulation and coping skills
- Help youth to establish permanency by transitioning to natural supports or within the BCC continuum of care
- Promote lasting impact through post-discharge services at 30, 60, and 90 days
We are here to help you.
Complete the form below and we’ll reach out to talk more about our ECDD program options.
"*" indicates required fields
Board of Child Care programs are open to any individual or family regardless of their religious beliefs.